Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Seven Months Ago Today

Seven months ago today I met the love of my life. If you had told me a year ago I'd fall in love, I would have laughed, shrugging it off while stating marriage was not in the cards for me. I would have said my checklist contained too many essential qualities for any man to possess. I had some tell me with a checklist like that, I would be alone for the rest of my life. As a single lay apostle, I was perfectly ok with that. I had my grandchildren to help raise, three daughters I adored and loved spending time with, and two sons-in-law who didn't realize (prior to the babies being born!) how much they would need me . . . I was satisfied with my life. After many hours in Adoration after my divorce, Jesus knew my checklist. I trusted Him completely. I knew if anyone was to come into my life, it would be via Divine Will.  Boy is Jesus quite the matchmaker! If only I would have let Him choose the first time. But then, I wouldn't have my girls and the families they are creating. My friend Karen pointed out something very early in my relationship with Jay . . . his initials are J.C.! I tease Jay that Jesus even initialed His gift to me . . . Jay always throws his hands over his head for fear of being struck by lightening! Even though I tease him, I truly feel this is a personal gift from Him, initials and all. Trust Jesus completely and He can make anything happen! He continues to show me, on a daily basis, the rewards of faith in Him. Graces galore, lay apostles! Happy 7 month anniversary JC! 


Jay, me and grandson Connor (9 months old)

Todays Gospel (Mark 3:1-6) again proves Jesus can do anything if we believe:

Jesus entered the synagogue. There was a man there who had a withered hand. They watched Jesus closely to see if he would cure him on the sabbath so that they might accuse him. He said to the man with the withered hand, “Come up here before us.” Then he said to the Pharisees, “Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath rather than to do evil, to save life rather than to destroy it?” But they remained silent. Looking around at them with anger and grieved at their hardness of heart, Jesus said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out and his hand was restored. The Pharisees went out and immediately took counsel with the Herodians against him to put him to death.

In Volume One, Jesus defines perfectly for me the love I have found with Jay:


"If you want to see examples of My love, children, before you make the decision to come back to Me, look to My chosen souls. See how they love each other and sacrifice for each other. You will not find constant harsh words and recriminations between them. You will see them bearing with each other in patience and tolerance. My chosen souls are doing their duty. That is another way to recognize them. They work in the world, they care for their family members, they tell the truth, and when they make mistakes they provide recompense. Look to the lives of My chosen souls for example. They often become bored and discouraged, like My children still wandering, but they persevere and the troublesome feelings pass. Their souls are strengthened by their triumph over these temptations. My chosen souls have troubles, just like others. But watch closely how they respond to their troubles. They help each other. They appeal to Me, their God, and they accept their crosses. You will find goodness in the eyes of My chosen souls. Do you want that to be yours? Come back to Me."

Lay apostles, are you loving as Jesus loves? Does the above quote define your relationships? Take the time to consider His Words. Become Christ-centered with every person you meet. You never know who He will send your way!

Thank you, Lord, for Jay and the love You blessed us with 7 months ago. I am in awe of the blessings happening right before my eyes . . . all because I let You have control! 

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: