Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Year . . .

After the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, Jay asked me to follow him. He took my hand and led me to the couch in my living room. Instead of sitting, he asked me to kneel next to him. He began praying . . . for us, our children, our grandchildren, lay apostles, and for the graces to continue building His Kingdom. I can't think of a better way to start the new year. 2012 brought Jay to me (in addition to two beautiful grandsons!). 2013 contains hope of 365 days working side by side with a partner  who truly is a gift from God. A man who has become a lay apostle quicker than I ever could have dreamed possible.  A man who is leading me to heaven by his words, his actions and his love of Christ.  I have never met a more humble man who shines His Light so brightly.

In the Gospel from 02Jan2013 (John 1:19-28), John the Baptist humbly paves the way for Our Savior:

This is the testimony of John.  When the Jews from Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to him to ask him, “Who are you?” He admitted and did not deny it, but admitted,
“I am not the Christ.”  So they asked him, “What are you then? Are you Elijah?”  And he said, “I am not.”  “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No.”  So they said to him, “Who are you, so we can give an answer to those who sent us?  What do you have to say for yourself?” He said: “I am the voice of one crying out in the desert, ‘Make straight the way of the Lord,’ as Isaiah the prophet said.”  Some Pharisees were also sent.  They asked him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Christ or Elijah or the Prophet?”  John answered them, “I baptize with water; but there is one among you whom you do not recognize, the one who is coming after me, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to untie.”  This happened in Bethany across the Jordan, where John was baptizing.


In Volume Two, Jesus clearly shows us a place to begin in shining His Light to others:


"I wish to speak to My children about their speech. My children, does your speech accurately reflect who you wish to become? I want you to desire holiness. And I want your speech to be the conversation of a holy soul. My child, I know that you struggle and often do not feel holy. We allow this to protect your humility. But I want you to speak as though you have achieved the level of holiness I desire for you. “Jesus, what do you mean?” I hear you ask. I am with you, and you are with Me. Your speech must display or illustrate Our unity. Do not think that you have gained this unity but must keep it hidden. My child, that would threaten part of Our goal for you, which is that others look at you and see Me. Others must also listen to you and hear Me.

As a holy exercise, and in that same spirit of practice We have adopted, I want you to listen to what you say. Listen to your voice. And understand that I am also listening with you. Pay attention to your words, of course, but also to your tone and the inflections you use. Are your words, tone, and inflections meant to convey love? Do they accurately represent God, whom you carry within yourself? You will find, I am certain, that at times you will see that your speech does not reflect Me. Do not be upset by this, little learning soul. That is why We are checking. We are leaving no stone unturned to secure your beautiful reward in heaven. So when you identify something in your speech that you feel I would not approve of, ask Me how to say that thing differently. My child, you have been reading My words and hearing them in your heart. I wanted this for you because I wanted you to know Me. After all, I am your Savior."

Lay apostles, how are you going to lead others to Jesus this year? Now is the time to be bold in your faith. Are others seeing Christ in your words and actions? Are you creating a solid foundation of faith and love of Jesus in your children? It doesn't matter if they are 13 or 35 . . . it is NEVER too late to begin.

Thank you, Lord, for deeming me worthy of love from a man who is a true spiritual leader. Thank you for Your Words in the Volumes which speak to me so clearly and provide the nudge I need to change. 

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: