Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day of Prayer for the Unborn

(Note: I was not able to finish this post yesterday, so here it is today!)

Yesterday marked the 40th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade. A decision which has killed over 55 million babies to date . . . one of mine included. That was 32 years ago. I've thought about my child over the years . . . what she would look like, what career she would have chosen. But like so many women, I thought having a "choice" meant I would be in control of my life, my destiny. Instead of understanding God chose me to house that child within my body, I told Him I wasn't interested. Ultimately, God doesn't make mistakes. Every conception is meant to be. It's not bad luck. It's not shameful. It's life! Others may try to convince us (or it might be convincing ourselves) a child could ruin our lives. The truth is, they don't. Every parent knows the sleepless nights with a newborn eventually fade away. Lack of sleep isn't a life threatening disease. Running back and forth to dance classes, sporting events and doctor appointments will be cherished memories when your child is away at college. And the best part of raising and loving and disciplining God's little gifts to us? Grandchildren! I can't imagine life without these little boys.




In the Gospel from 22Jan2013 (Mark 2:22-28), Jesus tells us God is in control, not us:

As Jesus was passing through a field of grain on the sabbath, his disciples began to make a path while picking the heads of grain. At this the Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the sabbath?” He said to them, “Have you never read what David did when he was in need and he and his companions were hungry? How he went into the house of God when Abiathar was high priest and ate the bread of offering that only the priests could lawfully eat, and shared it with his companions?” Then he said to them, “The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. That is why the Son of Man is lord even of the sabbath.”

In the booklet Heaven Speaks About Abortion, St. Mary Magdalene lovingly comforts those of us in pain:


"One of the signs that the Renewal is necessary is the number of abortions that are occurring. My dear sisters in Christ, this is an abomination. We cannot allow it to continue, neither you, nor I. We have to help our sisters to understand that there is a little life nestled in their womb, a life sent by God himself. To think any differently is to become a plaything of the devil. There must be no discussion about this point in the sense that you must never allow yourself to consider, even for a moment, that a pregnancy does not equal a life, a person, a divine plan. Do not back away from this fact, this irrefutable truth. I want to speak to women who have had abortions and allowed their children to be taken from them in this way. Dear woman, if you think you have committed a graver sin than I, you are wrong. Jesus loves me tenderly and I am a close friend to the Savior. And yet, I would repel you if you knew how I had lived a part of my life. We are all the same in that we are all sinners. Nobody in heaven looks at anyone else with anything but love and understanding. This is because we all understand that given the right set of earthly circumstances we could make grave mistakes, such as you did. Your circumstances contributed to your decision. I know this. Jesus knows this. All of heaven knows this. You must accept this, too. If you were in different circumstances, it is likely you would have made a different decision. But it is over and Jesus makes all things new. Let Him make your soul new and you will give Him far greater joy than you gave Him sorrow."

Lay apostles, if you are considering abortion, I beg you to rethink your decision. There is so much joy despite difficult circumstances. Choose life. You can get through anything. All it takes is love. And when love is present, God is present. If you've chosen abortion in the past, read the healing words from the booklet above. Click on the link to the right of this post. Ask for forgiveness and you will be forgiven. All you have to do is ask Him.

Thank you, Lord, for the healing you have bestowed upon me for the grave decision I made so many years ago. And thank you to Anne for her part of my healing. I am forever blessed.

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: