Thursday, January 10, 2013

Seeing God

There is nothing like being a grandma. I was blessed to have all my children and grandchildren together from New Year's Eve until a teary eyed goodbye Tuesday morning. My oldest grandson is 9 months old now, the younger one 5 months. I see these beautiful smiling baby faces and I see God. One giggle and I experience the graces Jesus has so graciously given me. I see God in the faces of my girls; when I see what good mothers the two oldest have become. I see God in my youngest daughter as she sang one of the babies to sleep. I see God in the face of the man I love when he is teaching our 9 month old how to hold a football.  I see God in the face of Jay's daughter as she navigates her life and career, overcoming challenges on the way. I see God in both sons-in-law as they comfort their sons. We can choose to see everything done "wrong" in our eyes, or choose to see God in every situation. I choose God . . . what are you going to choose today?






In the first reading on 09Jan2013 (1 John 4:11-18), the message coming across loud and clear is the importance of love:

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also must love one another.  No one has ever seen God.  Yet, if we love one another, God remains in us, and his love is brought to perfection in us. This is how we know that we remain in him and he in us, that he has given us of his Spirit. Moreover, we have seen and testify that the Father sent his Son as savior of the world.  Whoever acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God remains in him and he in God.  We have come to know and to believe in the love God has for us.

God is love, and whoever remains in love remains in God and God in him.  In this is love brought to perfection among us, that we have confidence on the day of judgment because as he is, so are we in this world.  There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear
because fear has to do with punishment, and so one who fears is not yet perfect in love.


In Anne a lay apostle's book Lessons in Love, she shows us love should start within us and in our homes:


"At home, in our immediate families, love is often, if not usually, reciprocated. We are then expected, as Christians, to bring our knowledge of love into the world. It becomes a little more difficult out in the world because love is more likely to be misunderstood or rejected. Still, our obligation remains. Jesus told us to love one another. He did not say love one another and make sure others love you back."

Lay apostles, choose to see God in everyone. When you start seeing others through His eyes, the world view is extraordinary!

Thank you, Lord, for the ability to see You in my family, friends, strangers and even myself. Your view is far more beautiful than mine!

God bless,
Bonnie




No comments: