Thursday, June 27, 2019

Gospel Thoughts Today: Replacing Anger

Triggers . . . I am convinced Jesus has been working on this hurdle with me since I first read Volume One back in 2006. After 12 years of being immersed in this mission, I am happy to say He may have finally broken through the barrier. Learning to replace anger with acceptance and love is hard work. The old me ran head first into issues, ready for a fight. I now choose to either walk away or try to remain calm/listen better. Jay and I try our best to achieve a peaceful existence both between us and in our home. So, last night when the Democrat debate was on TV, Jay chose to watch for a few minutes and I walked away! Anger replaced!

Todays Gospel (Matthew 7:21-29) is quite blunt . . . actions speak louder than words:

Jesus said to his disciples: “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?’ Then I will declare to them solemnly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.’

“Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock. And everyone who listens to these words of mine but does not act on them will be like a fool who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. And it collapsed and was completely ruined.”

When Jesus finished these words, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one having authority, and not as their scribes.

In Volume One, Jesus reminds us how much we are needed for His Heavenly goals:

"How blessed are you that you have been called, indeed, and given these messages. Little child, you are a Christian because someone fulfilled their duty. Now you must fulfill your duty and call out to others in love and solicitude. Leave nothing undone that could bring a soul to Me. Let those of the world scoff at you, if they dare. The inhabitants of heaven commend you. If you hear My name spoken in ridicule or anger, turn away, praying to Me for the forgiveness of that person. Then, instead of your God being unwelcome and ridiculed in that situation, He will be honored. That, My child, is, in summary, what I am calling you to do. Be joyful. Be glad. You are My chosen one and My favor and Spirit rests upon you."

Lay apostles, do you perceive each threat or attempt to disrupt your peace by another a chance to rely on Christ? Or, do you blow up repeating old habits of reacting to triggers? Replace anger with love/understanding. So, if something triggers an old wound today, be calm and ask Jesus to send some graces to help you through it. He will never fail you.

Thank you, Lord, for the work You have done in my heart and soul. And, thanks for all Your Patience while I get there!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: