Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Home For The Holidays

Christmas is the time of year when the world just seems more joyful. The celebration of the birth of Our Savior. Families reunited after long absences. Love filling the air. Little girls and boys excitedly waiting in line to see Santa. 





Ok, maybe my grandson wasn't so excited!  But once he was in the arms of his mother after pictures were taken, the world was safe and happy once again. (Absolutely LOVE these pics Mal and Kev!). Reminds me of the song Home For The Holidays and this verse in particular:

Oh there's no place like home
For the holidays, 'cause no matter 
How far away you roam
If you want to be happy in a million ways
For the holidays, you can't beat
Home, sweet home.

For some, the holidays aren't so warm and fuzzy. Memories of loved ones no longer on this earth are more distinct. Depression is heightened when loneliness sets in. But if we look at the verse from the song above, replace the word "home" with "Christ," there is no other place I would rather be. He is Home. He is safe. And, He wants us to be joyful no matter our circumstances. Cherish all He has given us. Don't take one moment for granted. 

In todays Gospel (Matthew 18:12-14), Jesus affirms every single soul on this earth is worth saving:


Jesus said to his disciples: "What is your opinion? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills and go in search of the stray? And if he finds it, amen, I say to you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not stray. In just the same way, it is not the will of your heavenly Father that one of these little ones be lost."


In Volume Four, Jesus speaks to His lost sheep:



"My little soul, so destined to be loved by Me, allow your soul to lead you for a moment and believe that I want you back in My heart. There is a place here for you and without you, I am alone. I love you as though you were My only child. There is just you and I at this moment. I do not want you to be lost. There is work in My kingdom for you and this work can only be done by you. Please serve, dearest, so that we can begin travelling together. I am waiting for you. I forgive you everything. Come back to Me and you will understand freedom and joy."

Lay apostles, how can you draw closer to Christ this Christmas? Mend a relationship with a distant loved one? Volunteer at a nursing home? Create a safe and loving home for your children and grandchildren to gather? Whatever you do, do it for Christ, sweet Christ!

Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of my first Christmas with Jay, two very special little boys -  my grandsons, my girls, my sons-in-law and Christine. I will not take one second for granted and love with all my heart.

God bless,
Bonnie



No comments: