Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Reflections

If I only knew then what I know now.  How many times have you uttered those words when contemplating your past?  Sometimes when I think of all the mistakes I've made in my lifetime, it makes me shudder.  But then I see my oldest daughter dreamily float out of the dressing room in her wedding gown and I know God has forgiven my past and blessed me with more riches than I could possibly imagine.  The beauty in moments of joy is usually brief due to worry about one thing or another, distracted by the worldly pull.   But as I prepare for my daughter's upcoming wedding, amid the stress of my role as wedding coordinator, God continually reminds me to stay focused on what is important about this event - the Sacrament of Marriage.

Please, Lord, help me to see Your beauty in everything, despite challenges along the way.

God bless,
Bonnie



  

No comments: