Saturday, July 5, 2008

Holding on to insecurities

Have you ever been in church listening to the priest give the sermon and feel he is talking directly to you?  Passing on a message direct from Jesus?  Well, that message was sent loud and clear as our lovely priest loudly said, three times, "do not be afraid, do not be afraid, do not be afraid." I have let go of many insecurities as I grow closer to Jesus, but there are those few stragglers that emerge when the right buttons are pushed, or the wrong thing is said.  I hold on tight to those little insecurities to no avail.  Nothing good ever comes out of lashing back out of fear or hurt.  As I sat in the pew with tears in my eyes listening to Fr. Stan, I knew it was time to really start trusting Jesus completely, in everything.  Then, the July 1st monthly message arrived in my inbox.  Not only did our Lord repeat Fr. Stan's request, He knocked the ball out of the park!  My wake up call for this month:
"My dear apostle.  You love Me, I know.  You serve Me with steadiness, I know.  `What is it that Jesus wants from me that I am not giving,` you ask.  I will tell you.  I want you to show Me that you understand My love for you by trusting Me.  I am hurt when you do not trust Me. Look at your time of service.  Would you agree that I have provided you with everything you need to see to your part in My plan?"

Thank you, Lord, for giving me the kick in the behind I needed to fully understand the extent of Your love and care.

Blessings, 
Bonnie S.

P.S.  Only 6 days until Chicago!



No comments: