Friday, June 27, 2008

The Monthly Messages

Just when I think I have failed in some way to be Christlike (which happens a bit!), along comes the monthly message from Our Lord as given to Anne on the first of every month.  I eagerly anticipate the arrival of this email to my inbox from DFOT.  The monthly messages reassure me that the Lord sees and understands my shortcomings and loves me just the same.  He also provides loving comfort and direction to correct my course.  His words encourage and empower me to refocus on what is truly important, service to Him.  It's easy to see other's lives progressing as you wish yours was, causing a slight case of envy.  The message of June 1, 2008 contained my wake up call for this month.  My eyes were starting to veer toward the worldly view, creating angst in my heart.  Then, I read this:
"But the love I have for you and the plan I have for you is unique.  It will never be repeated.  I need you to continue on in your service to Me.  I need you to remember that you are called to live differently, that your life, which may not be proceeding exactly as you planned, is proceeding exactly as I planned."
Thank you, Lord, for knowing my fears and helping me to overcome them.

Blessings,
Bonnie S.

No comments: