Friday, September 7, 2012

A New Day


Some days fly by.  Others drag on relentlessly.  Some days I am extremely productive.  Others, my mind is a jumbled, chaotic mess.  Yesterday was a drag-on-relentlessly-chaotic-mess day.  Now, part of the chaos was wonderful . . . and included my two grandsons. 

My angels!

But, man, evil was working overtime in the midst of all the joy. Have you ever noticed the more aligned you are with Christ, the harder evil tries to invade your peace? By the end of the day, my head hurt and I was becoming a little cranky.  The minute Jay pulled up to my house after work, I ran out (literally . . . my girls were giving me grief about it!) to greet him and he looked as haggard as I did.  We just stood in the driveway, quiet, hugging for a few seconds.  After describing our day to each other, we thanked God for providing the calm and stamina we required to maintain our sanity.  The most beautiful aspect of our relationship is we both trust in the Lord when sticky situations arise.  And, we thank Him (every day) for allowing us one more day together in this world to do His Will.  

After making and eating my favorite Weight Watcher's sloppy joe recipe with my girls, Jay and I basked in the joy of two little boys. Amazing how a toothless grin can melt your heart and remind you tomorrow is a new day.

Todays Responsorial Psalm (Ps 37:3-4, 5-6, 27-28, 39-40) couldn't have been timed any better:

R. (39a) The salvation of the just comes from the Lord.
Trust in the LORD and do good,
that you may dwell in the land and be fed in security.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will grant you your heart's requests.
R. The salvation of the just comes from the Lord.
Commit to the LORD your way;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will make justice dawn for you like the light;
bright as the noonday shall be your vindication.
R. The salvation of the just comes from the Lord.
Turn from evil and do good,
that you may abide forever;
For the LORD loves what is right,
and forsakes not his faithful ones.
Criminals are destroyed
and the posterity of the wicked is cut off.
R. The salvation of the just comes from the Lord.
The salvation of the just is from the LORD;
he is their refuge in time of distress.
And the LORD helps them and delivers them;
he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
because they take refuge in him.
R. The salvation of the just comes from the Lord.


In Volume Seven, St. Philomena encourages us to remain faithful when attacked:


"At the end of this time, Jesus will return and the earth will be beautiful again. Before that, there will be a time when it will appear that the enemy has taken control of the world. The
darkness of sin will reign and our beloved Church will suffer even more. Followers will face grave and constant attacks for their faith in many areas of the world. They will persevere and set the most beautiful example for others. This will draw others back to the faith in great numbers, so you see, the enemy’s strategy will backfire. The more God’s enemies persecute His children, the more children will choose God and remain true."

Lay apostles, believe in your salvation through Christ. Let Him save you from falling into a pit of despair on a bad day.  If there is a Volume or Heaven Speaks booklet you haven't read yet, click on a link to the right and feel the love and compassion Jesus supplies His followers to persevere.  Take one step closer to Him every day.  I promise you will begin to see glimpses of heaven on earth.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me opportunities which teach me to rely on You. Continue to shield me with Your precious armor from evil attacks. Quite honestly, I don't know how people do it without You!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: