Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Eucharistic Renewal Weekend in Las Cruces

(Note: Gospel is from Monday, Sept 17th)

There is NOTHING like being surrounded by lay apostles. Jay and I ventured to Las Cruces, New Mexico this past weekend for a Eucharistic Day of Renewal with Anne a lay apostle.  So many wonderful, fruitful events occurred, I am overwhelmed with the love Jesus has for me and all His children. I must thank lay apostle Mary Carter who organized this entire weekend with such devotion, a true servant of Christ. Serving Christ and serving others requires great faith and commitment . . . and defines a true lay apostle of Jesus Christ the Returning King. 

Todays Gospel (Luke 7:1-10) finds Jesus amazed by a man's great faith and love of his servant:

When Jesus had finished all his words to the people, he entered Capernaum. A centurion there had a slave who was ill and about to die, and he was valuable to him. When he heard about Jesus, he sent elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and save the life of his slave. They approached Jesus and strongly urged him to come, saying, "He deserves to have you do this for him, for he loves our nation and he built the synagogue for us." And Jesus went with them, but when he was only a short distance from the house, the centurion sent friends to tell him, "Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof. Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you; but say the word and let my servant be healed. For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come here,' and he comes; and to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this he was amazed at him and, turning, said to the crowd following him, "I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith." When the messengers returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.

In the June 2012 Monthly Message, Jesus lovingly acknowledges His lay apostles commitment to furthering His Kingdom:

"I am pleased when I see holiness increasing in My friends and this increase in holiness is what gives Me hope for the Church. Yes, I am urging My followers toward sacrifice and service and many of you are answering with your whole hearts. You, listening to My words and allowing them to change you, are giving Me great hope. With this hope I push on into the world, confident, that while some resist change, others embrace it. Yes, change is happening, most especially in the heart of every committed apostle. You are becoming holier. As you are becoming holier, My Church is becoming holier. Apostles, hear this call with all seriousness. I, Jesus, have everything needed to advance the Church into greater unity. And I, Jesus, can do this as quickly as you will allow Me. Find Me in your soul in each moment you are questioning your role in the Kingdom. I will direct you."

Lay apostles, be thankful to those who serve us.  From the waitress serving you coffee to the mechanic fixing your brakes to the dentist filling your tooth.  We all serve in some capacity, don't we?  Serve unconditionally for love of Christ. Every kind gesture made shines His Light on a dark world. What can you do today to serve another?  

Here are some pictures from a beautiful, fun, faith-filled weekend:

Justin hard at work selling raffle tickets!
Annie (student from Ave Maria) fundraising for the School of Holiness with Kazuri bead necklaces!





Jay, Anne a lay apostle, and me

Anne and our wonderful organizer Mary Carter

The gang

Sunset from front of Hotel Encanto

Our Lady at the entrance to the hotel!!!

Mass at St. Martin de Porres



At the border between Mexico and New Mexico for the Rosary to end violence

Annie in two places at one time!

End of an amazing weekend

Thank you, Lord, for Anne, Fr. Darragh, Jane, Justin, Annie, Mary, and all the lay apostles who attended the Eucharistic Day of Renewal in Las Cruces.  I am especially grateful for Jay experiencing life as a lay apostle.  You are so good to me!!!

God bless,
Bonnie



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bonnie!
I only occasionally make it over to read bits of your blog (college is crazzzy), but I stopped on over today, and after reading a bunch of your recent posts I just felt compelled to tell you how inspiring you are. I love the joy and faith that so clearly urge you on. Seeing that it is possible urges me on as well, and gives me hope that I can find that same motivation one day. Thank you for being you, and thank you for your blog.

♥ Teresa
Hopefully I'll see you soon!

Bonnie, lay apostle of JCRK said...

Hey Teresa!!! We missed you in Las Cruces! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Looking forward to heading your way for a young adult lay apostle dinner!! Love and hugs, Bonnie