Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Gospel Thoughts Today: In Times of Uncertainty

Kind of a weird place to be in the world right now . . . who would have thought a virus could cause such a standstill?  As a nurse, viruses (some much worse than COVID-19) have always been around and waiting to infect the vulnerable and even the not so vulnerable. But why all the fear-mongering now? Well, one reason could be to try to take down the best economy in the world because of the vitriol hatred of our amazing president Donald J. Trump by the left. But more importantly, the fear a lack of (or lukewarm) faith in Jesus Christ can launch in vulnerable minds. This morning on a bi-weekly call with Apostles of the Returning King (ARK), Fr. Darragh read to us the quote below from Volume Five. He reiterated the importance of being calm and peaceful in times of uncertainty. He encouraged us to spread the words of Jesus and all of heaven to bring comfort to those in need. It's time to work on prayer life, spiritual reading and calm. We all have an expiration date . . . I am going to do my best every day to love, be joyful and stay connected to Jesus. What about you?

In today’s Gospel (John 8:21-30), Jesus gives us food for thought . . . where do we want to belong?

Jesus said to the Pharisees: "I am going away and you will look for me, but you will die in your sin. Where I am going you cannot come." So the Jews said, "He is not going to kill himself, is he, because he said, 'Where I am going you cannot come'?" He said to them, "You belong to what is below, I belong to what is above. You belong to this world, but I do not belong to this world. That is why I told you that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins." So they said to him, "Who are you?" Jesus said to them, "What I told you from the beginning. I have much to say about you in condemnation. But the one who sent me is true, and what I heard from him I tell the world." They did not realize that he was speaking to them of the Father. So Jesus said to them, "When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will realize that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own, but I say only what the Father taught me. The one who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what is pleasing to him." Because he spoke this way, many came to believe in him.

In Volume Five, Jesus the Redeemer reminds us to focus on Him during times of uncertainty:

"Souls of the world, take heed. Your Jesus will return. The process of My return has already begun, but there are difficult times ahead. For those of you who set your vision on the heavens, you will find the time of transition manageable. It will only bring you closer to Me. Those of you who have your vision set on the things of this world will struggle. Remember the one
Truth and that is you will each die someday. Regardless of what
transpires between that day and this day, you are going to face the same end. Ultimately, you will have to relinquish anything you will have acquired. All that will last are your deeds of good or evil. Cast away the things of this world. I want My children to live simply. Look for your role in the Kingdom and you will find it. I have instructed you on how to pray and how to find Me. I do not wish to frighten and if you are unduly frightened that is possibly a sign that you are fearful of losing material possessions. You must care about My will for you and completing My will for you in each day. My dear ones, your Jesus is with you now and I will be with you in every moment of your life on earth."

Lay apostles, don't let fear drag you away from trust in Jesus. Closing our churches doesn't close us off from God. Be prayerful in these times of uncertainty and live each day as if your last!

Thank you, Lord, for the challenges ahead and looking to You for solace and mercy. Remind me You have overcome the world!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: