Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Gospel Thoughts Today: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

To be healed. It can mean many things . . . a cure for a disease/health problem; anger turned to peace; a control freak becoming open-minded; calmness instead of anxiety because traffic is flowing easily, to name a few. But are we grateful for each and every healing we receive, no matter how big or small? I know I have some work to do here.

I am thankful for many things . . . too numerous to name. Jesus has healed me in ways I never imagined possible. He has opened my eyes like never before. I will never take one second for granted (easier said than done at times!). I will thank Him for everything, even in situations that seem disastrous at the moment. He is always waiting with open arms to comfort us when we are sad and celebrate with us when we are happy. Living with Him as my constant companion has given me a peace I never knew in my earlier years, and will never live without until the day I am Face to face with Him.

Today's Gospel (Luke 17:11-19) reminds me to praise Him in thanksgiving for everything:

As Jesus continued his journey to Jerusalem, he traveled through Samaria and Galilee. As he was entering a village, ten lepers met him. They stood at a distance from him and raised their voice, saying, "Jesus, Master! Have pity on us!" And when he saw them, he said, "Go show yourselves to the priests." As they were going they were cleansed. And one of them, realizing he had been healed, returned, glorifying God in a loud voice; and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him. He was a Samaritan. Jesus said in reply, "Ten were cleansed, were they not? Where are the other nine? Has none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God?" Then he said to him, "Stand up and go; your faith has saved you."

In Volume Four, Jesus the King reminds us He is always present no matter where we are or what we do:

"Brothers and sisters, it is this prayer, this attitude of humble and meek acceptance that makes great saints. I will show you. Study Me as your guide. Study My life. Read about My life in scripture and you will see My humble and meek approach to souls. Did souls scorn Me for such a countenance? No, My brothers and sisters. Good and holy souls saw that I carried heaven within Me and were drawn to Me. Good and holy souls, souls hungry for the Spirit of God, followed Me from town to town and waited for Me so that they could be close to Me. It will be the same for you. Souls will be drawn to you in their hunger because they will sense that you carry the only bread that can fill them to satisfaction. I am using you, dear ones, to spread Me. I want to be felt in every room, every car, every place where even one soul rests in loneliness and spiritual deprivation. You will enter and I will be there. I will fill the room, the car, the place, and souls who hunger for God will feel My presence and give thanks. So do not curse hardship. Do not blame God for the pains and sorrows in this world. It is through your acceptance of these things that you will find your soul illuminated with the light of the next world."

Lay apostles, thank Him for the good, the bad and the ugly. When life seems to take a turn for the worse, remember, it only seems worse. Jesus has a plan.  Trust Him. And, most of all, thank Him.

Thank you, Lord, for the love You found me worthy of with Jay. And, for the love of my girls, sons-in-law, grandchildren, mother-in-law, family, and friends!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: