Thursday, February 28, 2019

Gospel Thoughts Today: Causing Another to Sin

The first thought in my mind after reading the Gospel today? Maxine Waters. Yes, good 'ol Maxine. Jay and I saw her at the DC airport last month as we waited to board our plane home. After Jay spotted her and pointed her out, it took everything in me to keep my peace. Didn't she prompt the Left/Trump haters to get in conservative faces when seen in public? Yes, she did. It's all on video. In about 10 seconds my mind went from get up and support your President and say something to don't be one of them . . . the haters. Everyone around us would be watching if I had spoken up. Would I be representing Christ on earth if I responded with anger or frustration? No, I wouldn't be. So after a very sweet, it's not worth it from my husband, I stayed in my seat and said a quick prayer for her . . . that the evil she spouts would leave her soul, being replaced with the Love of God for all. Yeah, a tough one to think it could ever happen. But I have seen a few miracles in my day. One of the biggest is President Trump winning the election with all the obstacles (and I am talking MAJOR obstacles) placed in his path to ensure he wouldn't win! Thank you, Lord Jesus Christ, for saving America!

Today's Gospel (Mark 9:41-50) is very clear, be careful what you say and do around anyone in your presence:

Jesus said to his disciples: "Anyone who gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to Christ, amen, I say to you, will surely not lose his reward.

"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were put around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed than with two hands to go into Gehenna, into the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life crippled than with two feet to be thrown into Gehenna. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out.
Better for you to enter into the Kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into Gehenna, where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched. 

"Everyone will be salted with fire. Salt is good, but if salt becomes insipid,
with what will you restore its flavor? Keep salt in yourselves and you will have peace with one another."

In Volume One, Anne a lay apostle gives us hope for those who don't act with the love of God in their hearts:

"Jesus loves you. Ask Him to put love in your heart for Him. He will not refuse this prayer. Ask Him all day long until you feel it. It will come. And then you will begin to know Him. And then you will begin to love Him. Shortly after, you will begin to love your brothers and sisters and there will be no stopping the progress of your soul. You will find yourself in that first group in no time. Someone recently asked me about uniting our sufferings to Christ. It’s a bit hazy until you give it a little thought. The gift of His life, on the cross, to redeem us or ransom us back, is adequate. It is perfect. God our Father would joyfully redeem each one of us using that sacrifice alone, were we willing to be saved. Not everybody is willing, though, at every moment of their lives. The pull of the world can be strong. When we say we unite our sufferings with those of Christ, what we are doing is agreeing to be fastened to our cross. We are in that first group for that time. Well, you might ask, what’s the point? Jesus did the job. This is true. But there is a subtlety and a distinction to be made. Our suffering is not ransoming souls. That work has been completed. But our suffering is buying precious graces, graces that can be used for suffering souls, sinning souls, hardened souls, dying souls, souls in error, in ignorance, souls being victimized, abused. Souls on the brink of hell can be brought back with our sufferings. We’re trading them in for graces. The Blessed Mother, the Mediatrix of All Grace, takes our little offerings and uses them to buy mercy for souls, despite the horrendous behavior of us in this modern world."

Lay apostles, there is so much negativity surrounding our President and America, despite all the good happening since he took office. I just don't get the mentality. With not one Democrat supporting a bill to save babies after a failed abortion (let's call it what it is . . . infanticide) to open borders allowing in gangs/traffickers, I know I need to ramp up my prayers more than ever. Stay focused on the good and make sure what comes out of your mouth doesn't tear anyone down, but boosts others up to see the Light of Christ!

Thank you, Lord, for all the good/lessons/challenges occurring around me. I have become more reliant on You than I have ever been, which is what I think Your Plan has always been, right? ;-)

God bless,
Bonnie 

No comments: