Friday, December 7, 2018

Gospel Thoughts Today: Thankful For His Mercy

I am a sinner . . . no ifs, ands or buts. Even though I have read every Volume, every book Anne a lay apostle has written, every Heaven Speaks booklet and write about the Gospel almost every day, I still make mistakes. But the beauty of faith in Jesus Christ is His Great Mercy. He knows who we are . . . who we really are deep down behind the facade we cling to so others think we have it together . . . and He still loves us despite our missteps. The dark recesses of our minds are not hidden from Him. Nothing is. God loves us unconditionally. Isn't that what every human being on this earth craves . . . unconditional love? Begin today by being thankful for His Mercy . . . He will lead you the rest of the way.

There is a song by Michael W. Smith called "Lord Have Mercy." It's a beautiful song which we all can relate to. Below are the lyrics and a YouTube video recording of the song featuring Amy Grant:

Jesus, I’ve forgotten the words that You have spoken
Promises that burned within my heart have now grown dim
With a doubting heart I follow the paths of earthly wisdom
Forgive me for my unbelief
Renew the fire again

Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy on me
Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy on me

I have built an altar where I worship things of men
I have taken journeys that have drawn me far from You
Now I am returning to Your mercies ever flowing
Pardon my transgressions
Help me love You again

Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy on me
Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy
Lord have mercy on me

I have longed to know You and Your tender mercies
Like a river of forgiveness ever flowing without end
I bow my heart before You in the goodness of Your presence
Your grace forever shining
Like a beacon in the night





The Gospel (Matthew 9:27-31) message today is . . . believe and see the mercy of Christ:


As Jesus passed by, two blind men followed him, crying out, “Son of David, have pity on us!” When he entered the house, the blind men approached him and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I can do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they said to him. Then he touched their eyes and said, “Let it be done for you according to your faith.” And their eyes were opened. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.” But they went out and spread word of him through all that land.

In Volume Four, Jesus reminds us of God's great mercy with the end goal being eternity with Him:

"Believe Me when I say to you that you will never have peace, true peace, while you are separated from Me. And your eternity must be considered. You will spend eternity in one of two places, dear little soul. You must give this serious thought and determine where you would like to reside. You say you do not believe in God or you do not believe that God would send people to hell forever. I tell you today that it is not I, the only God there is, who condemns souls to hell. It is the soul himself who chooses to reside in hell. Do you know why the soul chooses hell? Because there are like-minded souls there. A soul who aligns himself with darkness does not choose heaven because that soul would not be comfortable in heaven. You must understand that you can be angry with God but God is not at fault. You can blame God for all that is wrong with your world and perhaps this will work for you on earth. I assure you though, on this day that this will cease to work for you at the moment of your death. At that time there will be only yourself to blame as the Truth is inescapable. You will be facing the one, the only, and the true God and attempting to tell Him that He does not exist. How do you think this will go for you? It will not go well, dear soul, and that is why I am speaking to you now. I want you to divert from this path that leads to damnation. You are choosing against Me now and I am asking you to stop. I love you."

Lay apostles, think about what the word "mercy" means. Dictionary.com defines it as "compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity, or benevolence." This word has Jesus written all over it! Try to recall all the mercy you have been shown or demonstrated in your lifetime. It's quite amazing when you think about it! Man, I have been given an abundance of mercy when I didn't deserve it. I will strive to prove my thankfulness to Him for the rest of my life and throughout eternity.

Thank you, Lord, for forgiving my transgressions.

God bless,
B
onnie

No comments: