Monday, December 3, 2018

Gospel Thoughts Today: Let Us Amaze Him

Have you ever been completely amazed at something? I watch our granddaughter one day a week. She and I have about 5 hours alone before we pick up her big brother from school. Our usual routine is a mani/pedi for her first (she LOVES season based colors and PINK!). Then, it's time for Barbies. I saved all my girls' Barbies/Barbie clothes from over 30 years ago, so plenty to keep her happy for hours! My favorite part of playing Barbies with her? Listening to her thought process! Some of the things that come out of her mouth amaze me! Just last week as we played, she connected the rare cold weather in Florida with her Barbie's attire. "Mimi, all the Barbies/Kens need warm clothes on. It's cold and they need to stay warm to go to the party!" And, some of my choices to warm them up weren't going to work. :-) "Mimi, that doesn't match" or "Use this one, Mimi!" She is a girl who knows what she wants with an excellent sense of style for a 4-year-old! I cherish these moments with her. I can only hope and pray my actions/service to others amaze my beautiful Jesus as much as my granddaughter amazes me. How can you amaze Him today?

In today's Gospel (Matthew 8:5-11), Jesus is amazed at the faith displayed:

When Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to him, saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully.”  He said to him, “I will come and cure him.”  The centurion said in reply, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed. For I too am a man subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”  When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. I say to you, many will come from the east and the west, and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the banquet in the Kingdom of heaven.”

In Volume One, Jesus tells us He has plans to AMAZE US!

"Children, dear children, I need leaders now. I need every single one of you to turn your faces to heaven and agree to serve Me with your whole lives. The plan I have for you will amaze you. Be docile and let Jesus direct. Through this will come happiness and relief to so many. This will happen, My children. The darkness has lost its time now and I will have the world My way. You must see that this happens in your corner. Are you ready to walk with Me? I call you, My child. Waste no more time. Respond to Me now."

Lay apostles, let's do one thing today to show love and compassion to our brothers and sisters on this earth. Be it small or grand, do it without hesitation and without expectations of something in return. Let your goal today be to amaze our dear Savior!

Thank you, Lord, for

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: