Monday, January 8, 2018

Gospel Thoughts Today: God's Love Flows Through Us

Happy New Year 2018! Hard to believe so much time has elapsed since my last post. Life has been busy as always, but amid the busyness, it has been wonderful, challenging, difficult and miraculous. This morning on a Lay Apostle Council conference call, Father Darragh read the message referenced below from Volume Two to our group. When we allow Christ to comfort us in times of need, our ability to cope strengthens . . . we begin to rely on prayer obtaining the confidence to act and react appropriately.

The power of prayer is real my friends . . . look at the election of the greatest President the US has ever seen. Despite constant attacks on him and his family, President Trump has persevered and accomplished, literally, more than any other US president EVER in his first year! This is a documented fact. He has brought God back to our nation. God IS mightier than those who oppose Him . . . we must never forget that. God's Love flows through us if we allow it to. And, we must give it freely . . . even to those who allow evil to reign in their lives. If we stop the flow of God's love and replace it with revenge, hatred, or bitterness, how will the recipient ever see the beauty of faith in our Mighty God? Let it begin with me!

Today's Gospel (Mark 1:7-11) makes one thing clear . . . God is in control:

This is what John the Baptist proclaimed: "One mightier than I is coming after me.  I am not worthy to stoop and loosen the thongs of his sandals.  I have baptized you with water; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

It happened in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized in the Jordan by John.  On coming up out of the water he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit, like a dove, descending upon him.  And a voice came from the heavens, "You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased."

In Volume Two, Jesus beautifully illustrates the power within each of us when God is a constant in our day:

September 2, 2003: I want My children to be at peace. You know this, children, as I often say this to you. Today, I am going to teach you how to keep peace in your hearts at all times. My children, when a parent rocks a child and sings a soft lullaby, the child knows peace, so much so, that the child often closes his little eyes and falls effortlessly into a peaceful sleep. My children, I am holding you in My arms. I am rocking you gently. Many times throughout your day, I want you to stop what you are doing for a brief moment and close your eyes. I will momentarily soothe your soul with that very same gentleness and, if only for a moment, you will know the sleep of peace. You will be fully aware in your senses, of course, but your soul will rest in complete union with Me and your entire being will be restored and balanced. My children, this is how I intend to keep you at peace. You must fear nothing, not even death. Why would death frighten a soul who is destined for eternity with Me? You are merely coming home, My child, and the brief moments of death are an almost instantaneous transit time. No, do not fear death. That will distract you from life and We want no distractions from the completion of your earthly duties. My children, are you attempting to remain with Me throughout your day? Remember that you are practicing and trying to consider My presence and how I would speak. You are asking Me often what I would like you to do. This is the way, children. Do you see the changes I am making in your soul? Do you see the difference in how you view your brothers and sisters? You understand now that I am making these changes and that you can trust Me to keep My word. We are making progress, My child, and that pleases Me. This world will shift the smallest bit each time a soul moves closer to Me in trust. I want you to feel joy, My child. Your world is not at peace, but you must be. I am placing peace in your souls and the world is going to draw it from you, much the way an infant draws nourishment from her mother. That is why I am asking you to come to Me often in your day. As the world draws peace from you to quiet the terrible unrest, I will replace it in you. So do not worry or fret because the world takes your peace. It is for the world I give it, and I have an endless store with which to replenish you. Do you begin to see the depth of My plan? I need many souls to help Me and right now I do not have enough. So We must take My plea to the world so that all souls of good will may answer and assist Me. It is fair and just, My child, that each be given the opportunity to answer for themselves. I am asking and each soul must answer. In their soul, they know they are being asked to choose and they make the choice. I am God. I know all. I need souls. There is no hiding from Me. If a soul rejects Me now, it is finished. You cannot reject your God and claim heaven as your inheritance. Be at peace, My little one. Your God moves to right all wrongs."

Lay apostles, what are you going to do differently in 2018? For me, I will, to the best of my ability, write more; love unconditionally (yes, even those who allow evil and greed to reign in their lives); be a better wife, mother, Mimi, sister, aunt, and friend. I am so imperfect. But if I allow God to flow through me to others, His Divine Plan can continue to move forward in my life and the lives of those I love and come in contact with.

Thank you, Lord, for reminding me of the power of prayer. Help me to come to You first . . . always!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: