Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Easy Button

Sometimes life can be very difficult.  Emotions run amok as we struggle to find balance in our new surroundings; our new life. Relationships develop with others commiserating the same defeat. There is nothing more comforting than knowing you aren't the only one experiencing such heartache and pain.  Years ago, while going through a rough time before my divorce, a woman I had met while writing Heavenly Healing was in a marriage very similar to mine.  We bonded immediately and I felt I had met someone who completely understood me like no one else.  I loved every minute with her.  She felt the same way.  But when I made the decision to get divorced, things changed between us.  I was no longer grumbling about my frustrations. I was trying to move forward and begin the healing process. And she was still in an unhappy marriage. All of the sudden, there wasn't much to talk about.  We played a role in each other's life at a time when we needed to feel better about ourselves. Connected to another human being who understood.  But this doesn't fill the void. The lesson I have learned from this relationship is to listen more, vent less, and leave the complaining for Jesus' ears only. Life is so much easier when I speak to Him in prayer, work through the problems with His love and guidance, and try my best to follow His advice in the Bible and the Volumes. 

I have discovered the "easy" button. It is Jesus Christ.  He asks us to go to Him for everything, and boy do I dump on Him when problems arise!  


The Gospel today (Matthew 11:28-30) has a message which I take seriously now:
Jesus said: "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."
In Volume Two, Jesus illustrates exactly why we must stop the pattern of complaining to others and bring all our heartache, pain, and frustrations to Him:

"Often you rail against your circumstances but do not come to Me to object. Of what use is complaining to others? They cannot lift your cross or even ease your burdens. Talk to Me and listen to others. In that way you will not fall into sins of the tongue, which do great damage in this world. I am here, waiting to listen to your every complaint. Every sorrow you suffer finds a warm, comfortable place in My heart and, truly, when you share sorrow with Me it is diminished. I want to give you eyes of heaven. I want you to see your life, this world, and its people, with these heavenly eyes so that you will begin to respond like Me, your Jesus, who loves you so dearly. My child, I am offering this new vision to you. Will you accept this wonderful gift from Me? Truly, you will be astonished at how this viewpoint will change your life. Most of what disturbed you in the past will simply fade away, out of your line of vision, because it will hold such little importance for you. Do you want this? I am so hopeful that you will say 'yes.'"

Lay apostles, have you been complaining to someone today?   Taken out your frustrations on another?  Posting your complaints and misery on Facebook? I am imperfect and catch myself repeating old habits once in a while.  Ask yourself this question when you are venting your dissatisfaction: am I shining His Light or shedding more darkness? You be the judge.

Thank you, Lord, for being my "easy" button when it comes to complaining.  Help me to focus on being the example You need me to be and not what makes me temporarily feel better.

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: