Friday, November 30, 2012

O Come All Ye Faithful

Today is a very special day for me.  I am enroute to Ireland to spend the weekend with some of the most loving, holy and FUN group of people I know, lay apostles! This weekend's Eucharistic Day of Renewal will be held at Holy Trinity Abbey in Kilnacrott. The Abbey was purchased by Direction for Our Times and Sunday will be a celebration of that purchase. The Gospel today (Matthew 4:18-22) is perfect timing as I journey to the Emerald Isle: 

As Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon who is called Peter, and his brother Andrew, casting a net into the sea; they were fishermen. He said to them, "Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him. He walked along from there and saw two other brothers, James, the son of Zebedee, and his brother John. They were in a boat, with their father Zebedee, mending their nets. He called them, and immediately they left their boat and their father and followed him.

Every committed lay apostle I have been blessed to meet are fishers of men. Living the Gospel and messages from Jesus and all of heaven through Anne imbeds Jesus Christ in our hearts, our minds and our actions.  Holiness is important to lay apostles. We try to live Jesus the best we can, day by day, spreading the words of Christ with love and joy in our hearts. Our only problem is we want EVERYONE to feel what we feel! The love of Jesus Christ the Returning King! O Come All Ye Faithful!

In the June 2012 Monthly Message, Jesus encourages His followers:


"I am pleased when I see holiness increasing in My friends and this increase in holiness is what gives Me hope for the Church. Yes, I am urging My followers toward sacrifice and service and many of you are answering with your whole hearts. You, listening to My words and allowing them to change you, are giving Me great hope. With this hope I push on into the world, confident, that while some resist change, others embrace it. Yes, change is happening, most especially in the heart of every committed apostle. You are becoming holier. As you are becoming holier, My Church is becoming holier. Apostles, hear this call with all seriousness. I, Jesus, have everything needed to advance the Church into greater unity. And I, Jesus, can do this as quickly as you will allow Me."


Lay apostles, pick up your cross and follow Jesus. What have you done today to spread the messages of Jesus in the Gospels and the Volumes?  It doesn't have to be complicated. For example, have you told someone you love them today?  If not, say it!  Have you smiled at a stranger who seems sad? If not, smile! Be joyful and band together with fellow lay apostles around the world to provide what this world so desperately needs . . . hope of salvation. 

Thank you, Lord, for providing what I needed to get to Ireland today. I am so grateful for all the love and support I receive from Jay, all my girls, and the Apostolate of Jesus Christ the Returning King! 

God bless,
Bonnie



No comments: