Friday, July 24, 2020

Gospel Thoughts Today: Good From Turmoil

Everything appears awry right now. The only saving graces for me today are 1) God is still in charge! 2) Donald Trump is still our President! and 3) The seeds have been planted. We now know (and it has never been clearer) who is fighting for the majority of Americans, and who strives for their own ego, power, and fame. Come November, we will not forget those choosing their own aspirations over the promises they made to the Americans who elected them. These men and women failing our country need our prayers desperately. Evil has overcome so many. I don't know about you, but I am clinging ever so tightly to Christ's Sacred Hand that leads and comforts.

I have to say, though, so much good has arisen from the turmoil . . . we have a pro-life President and First Lady who believe in God and our country. #NewMedia is changing how news is reported . . . just watch YourVoice America with host Bill Mitchell or check out Project Veritas and all they are uncovering! Such an incredible group of dedicated American Patriots deciphering the truth amidst all the #FakeNews. Plant the seeds of Truth in rich soil, then watch the garden bloom.


In today's Gospel (Matthew 13:18-23), Jesus helps us to understand the concept of planting the seeds:

Jesus said to his disciples: "Hear the parable of the sower. The seed sown on the path is the one who hears the word of the Kingdom without understanding it, and the Evil One comes and steals away what was sown in his heart. The seed sown on rocky ground is the one who hears the word and receives it at once with joy. But he has no root and lasts only for a time. When some tribulation or persecution comes because of the word, he immediately falls away. The seed sown among thorns is the one who hears the word, but then worldly anxiety and the lure of riches choke the word and it bears no fruit. But the seed sown on rich soil is the one who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and yields a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold."

In Volume Ten, Jesus teaches us to be patient with those who reject Him. And, to leave the "sowing" up to Him:

“From now on, I will think of you as My apostles. As I prepared My original apostles to begin My beautiful Church on earth, I now commission you to reclaim My beautiful Church. You have such great heavenly assistance. When I speak of My Church, I am speaking of the body of the Church, comprised of its people. You are to call them back to the safety of the family of God. I send you out as I sent out the first group. You are to speak freely of Me. If a soul rejects Me, hold no malice for that soul. Simply pray for them and move along, seeking out another. Often you are like a farmer sowing seeds. I, Myself, must reap the harvest. This should not concern you because to insist on reaping what you have sown in this instance is not appropriate. Sometimes God is needed to ignite the divine. Use My words, dear little apostles. Spread them everywhere. Keep your words limited and allow Me to claim the soul. You will soften the soul by loving the person.”

Lay apostles, Jesus and Our Lady have equipped us, through the Bible, the Volumes, Fatima, Medjugorje, and numerous other avenues, to set out into the world and bring lost souls back to Him. Bring His Light to those in darkness. Today, how can you advance His Kingdom a little further?  How about reading or forwarding the current Monthly Message to someone you have lost touch with?  Possibly take 10 minutes this weekend to read a Heaven Speaks booklet you haven't read yet? Whatever you choose, be bold for Him and plant the seeds of Truth.

Thank you, Lord, for teaching me it is You who moves a soul toward heaven taking that responsibility away from me. Help me to plant the seeds leading all toward You!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: