Monday, August 6, 2018

Gospel Thoughts Today: A Big Reveal

Miracles occur every day.  When these desirous dreams materialize, what is the first thing we want to do?  Tell the world, of course! On Facebook, when you fall in love, you change your status from "single" to "in a relationship." Though a couple finds out they are expecting after a year of trying to conceive, they may choose to wait until the first trimester is complete before revealing the blessed event. We all have reasons for delaying good news, keeping it to ourselves until the time is right. Whether it be because others may not be ready for the announcement or fear of a potential negative outcome, we hold joyous secrets until we feel confident in their truth . . . in their reality.  Or, until we are given permission to shout it from the rooftop.  Can you imagine how difficult it was for me to keep my mouth shut when two of my daughters revealed they were pregnant?  Four of the most challenging secrets I've ever had to keep!

Today's Gospel (Mark 9:2-10) puts Peter, James and John privy to a miraculous event of which they must keep to themselves until Our Lord's resurrection:
Jesus took Peter, James, and his brother John, and led them up a high mountain apart by themselves. And he was transfigured before them, and his clothes became dazzling white, such as no fuller on earth could bleach them. Then Elijah appeared to them along with Moses, and they were conversing with Jesus. Then Peter said to Jesus in reply, "Rabbi, it is good that we are here! Let us make three tents: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." He hardly knew what to say, they were so terrified. Then a cloud came, casting a shadow over them; from the cloud came a voice, "This is my beloved Son. Listen to him." Suddenly, looking around, they no longer saw anyone but Jesus alone with them.

As they were coming down from the mountain, he charged them not to relate what they had seen to anyone, except when the Son of Man had risen from the dead. So they kept the matter to themselves, questioning what rising from the dead meant.
Can you imagine keeping that a secret? As hard as it must have been, I'm sure they took it seriously coming from Jesus!
In Volume Two, Jesus confides He intends to reveal all to us in His time:
"My children, I am speaking to you from the depth of My Eucharistic heart. My dearest little souls of this world, you must come back to Me. I want your love now, as never before, and I want to protect you as never before. Because Our time is not like your time, I can communicate with you in a timeless manner. This is what I wish to tell you. I am going to share My deepest secrets with you. I am going to remove the veil from the tabernacle as never before. I want you to know Me. I want you to know Me in My miraculous form of the consecrated host. I am the Bread of Life. Yes. And I am your Jesus, also. I was a humble Man, who walked your paths of difficulty, want, and hardship. Many treated Me badly, so I understand the pain of hurt. We had little money, so I understand the pain of hunger. I was different, so I understand the pain of isolation. Little ones, I am with you. I want to teach you things that souls of past times did not learn until they came to heaven. I am doing this because I am raising up a tidal wave of Christians to wash over the shore of badness that has taken control of this world, so lovingly created by My Father. This process will cleanse your world, making it safe once again for God’s children. I am going to bring you knowledge, wisdom, and love. I am going to introduce you to the divine to make your hearts burn like furnaces of divine love."

Lay apostles, Jesus is revealing Himself to us continually through Sacred Scripture and in the messages He has blessed us with in the Volumes. We are so very privileged He chose us to be a part of this apostolate in preparation for His second coming.  Jesus knew He needed to get my attention. And He chose Anne as the conduit for my awakening. Praise be to God!

Thank you, Lord, for Your big reveal contained in the Bible and all the messages from heaven through Anne a lay apostle.  If it wasn't for her "yes" I would never have been prepared for the graces and blessings you shower me with today, nor would I have been able to see them standing right before my eyes!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: