Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Walking Miracle

Jay is a walking miracle. Two-time cancer survivor (Stage 4 metastatic testicular cancer in his late 30s and melanoma in 2007), I tell Jay all the time God cured him for me . . . the future me 15 years later. He is perpetually positive and happy, a man after my own heart. I know his attitude after surgery and chemo saved him, but most importantly, his faith never wavered. He believed God had a plan, and boy, what a grand plan it was and is! Offer up your suffering for Jesus . . . you never know what miracle is waiting around the corner.

In todays Gospel (Mark 10:46-52), Jesus shows us that with great faith, miracles are possible:

As Jesus was leaving Jericho with his disciples and a sizable crowd, Bartimaeus, a blind man, the son of Timaeus, sat by the roadside begging. On hearing that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, son of David, have pity on me.” And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he kept calling out all the more, “Son of David, have pity on me.” Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” So they called the blind man, saying to him, “Take courage; get up, Jesus is calling you.” He threw aside his cloak, sprang up, and came to Jesus. Jesus said to him in reply, “What do you want me to do for you?” The blind man replied to him, “Master, I want to see.” Jesus told him, ‘Go your way; your faith has saved you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed him on the way.

In Volume Four, Jesus Speaks to Sinners, Jesus tells us to remember He walked this earth just as we do:

"I saw the failings of mankind as you see them. I was grieved at the injustices, in the same way that you are grieved when you see things that are not fair. Did I grow bitter? No. I did not. Why was that? Because I am God? No. I was God on earth but I was God trapped in man’s body and constrained by the limitations of the body. I did this so that when it came time for you to follow Me you could not say that it was easy for Me because I was God. I did not use My divinity except during the last three years and then only to heal, cure, and otherwise support My claim that I was the King of Heaven, come down to lead all back to the Father. I did not waste miracles on those who would reject Me, regardless of proof of My divinity. Do you intend to reject Me? You are Mine, dearest soul. Come back to Me that I may introduce you to love and joy."

Lay apostles, we all pray for miracles at one time or another in our lives, right? But, when they don't materialize right away or never seem to occur even years down the road, do you trust there is a different purpose for the outcome? God's plan is the only plan. Be grateful for the path He has placed you on. Although it may not make sense now, it will eventually.

Thank you, Lord, for the grace to see why my struggles throughout life were meant to be. I am so thankful for every one of them, because you have made me the woman I am today.

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: