Monday, February 5, 2018

Gospel Thoughts Today: The Many Facets of Healing

Healing comes in many forms . . . physical, spiritual, emotional. When we pray for healing, God's answer may not make sense right away. I tend to want my prayers answered at an accelerated pace . . . sometimes I am shocked by how quickly answers appear; other times, I feel like I am begging Him for a healing to occur. And, a particular healing may not be exactly the vision I had in mind. Boy, I can sure understand patience being a virtue! The point is, each day, hour and second must be approached with faith in Christ and His plan for us above all else. Misery is more than likely the only outcome when we take our destiny out of His Hands and into our own. I believe in miracles. I believe He can do all things. I believe He is and always will be in control. With that in mind, I will continue to pray for cures and spiritual healings of my loved ones. I just pray for the ability to let any fear or impatience evaporate when it rears its ugly head.

In today's Gospel (Mark 6:53-56), all it took was faith to be healed by Jesus:

After making the crossing to the other side of the sea, Jesus and his disciples came to land at Gennesaret and tied up there. As they were leaving the boat, people immediately recognized him. They scurried about the surrounding country and began to bring in the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. Whatever villages or towns or countryside he entered, they laid the sick in the marketplaces and begged him that they might touch only the tassel on his cloak; and as many as touched it were healed.

In the Monthly Message from May 2010, Jesus asks us to accept His Will for us:

"You see, dearest apostle, it is through accepting your own pain and offering yourself for healing that you become My greatest example. You, in your willingness to accept healing and in your willingness to grow, show others what I am offering to the world in this time of Renewal. Beautiful humanity, how painful is My desire to heal you, to console you, to bring you to the Father where you will find eternal dignity and confidence. I ache with the desire that you accept My love. There are people who are waiting to experience Me, but it is through your acceptance of Me, with complete abandonment, that I will be brought to them. Do I burden you with My work? Do you find My friendship a heavy cross to carry? Let Me assure you, it is only in this cross that you will find your joy."

Lay apostles, think back on a time you received comfort.  Maybe it was a kind gesture from a stranger. Or encouragement when you felt defeated. And, think about a time you comforted someone. It felt good, right? Each of us has the ability to heal others. There are so many opportunities every second of every day. Take the time to provide a healing touch today.  We might not cure what ails them, but we must believe we can make a difference. After all, Christ lives within us. Listen to His promptings.

Thank you, Lord, for the ability to heal others with an embrace, a kiss or a kind word. Help me to be alert to those in need, not allowing fear or impatience to control my thoughts/actions.

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: