Friday, August 5, 2016

Peace Particularly During This Election Cycle!

This election year already has me exasperated! But I support our Republican candidate, Donald Trump. He may have a big ego; he may be politically incorrect. But he is the only candidate who offers some respite from the presidency of the last 8 years. I find my blood pressure rising when praise for the Democratic candidate is splashed all over the media. I don't have a problem with a female president. Not at all! I just don't want a woman who is pro-abortion (including late term abortion), an elitist, disrespects the truth, and is an unindicted criminal to bat. What is our society not seeing when her face appears on all liberal news stations? She's a woman so her criminal activity doesn't matter? Despite the political warfare occurring, I know God is in control. My only comfort is He has a plan . . . and it includes everything we experience every day we are on this earth. So I have a choice . . . pray for Mr. Trump and his family or fret about our country spiraling out of control if the Democratic candidate is chosen. I am choosing prayer! It's all any of us can do. So, Mr. Trump, I pray for you, your family, Mr. Pence, his family . . . and I pray for the Clintons. We need God back in this country, and Mr. Trump may be the only one to shift this country back to the faith it was founded on . . . Christianity.

In today's Gospel (Matthew 16:24-28), Jesus asks us to focus on our beautiful eternity, not on the chaos of the world:


Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? Or what can one give in exchange for his life? For the Son of Man will come with his angels in his Father’s glory, and then he will repay each according to his conduct. Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom.”


In Volume Two, Jesus shows us by focusing on Him instead of ourselves, we can bring His love and kindness to others:

"If you are hurried, you will miss My cue and the soul will remain without necessary consolation and guidance. Children, this is the state of affairs all over your world at this time. Do you notice that loneliness and despair are everywhere? Children, you will not find loneliness and despair where I am. Indeed, even in the most wretched of circumstances, if I am present, you will see eyes that smile and offer kindness, and you will see great hope, even in the face of suffering and death. So what is missing in your world? I am missing. Few souls allow Me to work through them. When I am allowed, you will see hope begin to flourish again. Faces will be more at peace and joy will flow naturally from one soul to another. I will put such joy in your faces that you will be unable to conceal your unity with Me. Crosses will feel lighter and hold great meaning. Children, I have so much to offer you, both in these words and in My constant presence in your lives. So do not turn away, even for a day. Draw closer to Me, that We may proceed. What feels difficult to you, anticipating changes in your life, will come easily. That is another promise I make to you."

Lay apostles, these are challenging times. As Jesus says above, He is missing in this world. Our part of this political warfare over the next 3 months is to allow God to work through us to change minds and hearts. Alas, there is no need for anger or frustration. Stay focused on Him and your eternity; make choices with Him in mind; and pray my friends! 

Thank you, Lord, for Your continued patience when I let propaganda interfere with my peace. Help me to stay focused on You and prayer, always!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: