Monday, December 28, 2015

I Am Imperfect

Fear of the unknown. What if I'm exposed, wrong, embarrassed, humiliated, or powerless? What if I have to admit I'm not perfect not only to others, but to myself? I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but admitting your imperfection makes you . . . human. Welcome to Christianity! There was only ONE perfect Person who walked the face of this earth, and He was murdered for our sins. Be flawed, but always striving for perfection in His Eyes, not the world's. He is so much easier to please!

A leader without humility can do a lot of damage as todays Gospel (Matthew 2:13-18) demonstrates:

When the magi had departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him." Joseph rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed for Egypt. He stayed there until the death of Herod, that what the Lord had said through the prophet might be fulfilled, Out of Egypt I called my son.

When Herod realized that he had been deceived by the magi, he became furious. He ordered the massacre of all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had ascertained from the magi. Then was fulfilled what had been said through Jeremiah the prophet:

A voice was heard in Ramah, sobbing and loud lamentation; Rachel weeping for her children, and she would not be consoled, since they were no more.


In the Monthly Message of December 2011, Jesus assures us our imperfections will not damage His Plan:

"Do I require that you be powerful? Important? Do I need you to be people of great wealth or great influence in the eyes of the world? Will My plan be threatened by your imperfection or your difficulty maintaining holiness in every moment? Do I need only angels? Or do I need apostles of good will serving exactly where I have placed them? You were created to persevere and even flourish with limited understanding of all that is happening around you and through you. Yes, dear apostles, I am filled with hope. I am hoping that you accept My love. I am hoping that you allow Me to bring you healing, daily. I am hoping that through you I can love and heal others whom you will encounter in your daily experience. I bring you so many gifts of knowing Me, both directly and indirectly."

Lay apostles, let go of the pressure to be perfect. And, stop pressuring others to be perfect. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Acknowledge this and focus on your strengths and the strengths of others. Jesus knows our imperfections and if we follow Him, He uses our imperfections for the good of His Kingdom.

Thank you, Lord, for helping me to accept my imperfections. Continue to show me how to use them to benefit Your Kingdom.

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: