Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Shake the Dust From Your Feet

My mother used to always say, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!" Easier said than done, right? Well, with a little practice (ok, A LOT of practice!), it truly becomes easier to not say anything unless what comes out of our mouth is the Truth. If we practice speaking the Truth, there will always be naysayers. There will always be those who don't want to change . . . who don't want to give up "things" or behaviors to follow Christ. It's the path less traveled. When we interact with those not desiring to improve and grow, we must pray for them, and demonstrate the joy we achieve in following Him. I choose to keep learning and growing in every aspect of my life. How about you?

In todays Gospel (Luke 9:1-6), Jesus instructs us to "shake the dust from your feet" when others are not ready or willing to live a life following Him:

Jesus summoned the Twelve and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them to proclaim the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick. He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither walking stick, nor sack, nor food, nor money, and let no one take a second tunic. Whatever house you enter, stay there and leave from there. And as for those who do not welcome you, when you leave that town, shake the dust from your feet in testimony against them.” Then they set out and went from village to village proclaiming the Good News and curing diseases everywhere.

In Volume One, Jesus asks us to be a shining example of His Love to others:

"You, My chosen souls, must provide that guidance and direction. That is why you will be placed in contact with many souls. Speak My name freely and lovingly. Speak My name naturally in your conversation. Speak My name often, and do not use it to curse others. If these souls, who are directionless because of the failure of many of My children to provide that direction, hear My name spoken lovingly and respectfully, their hearts will jump up, like John the Baptist’s heart jumped in his mother’s womb. They will know that it is their Savior who is being spoken of so lovingly. And they will be watching you, dear soul, to see what you do, how you act, speak, and treat others. These souls, given a small bit of direction, will follow you. They will not need years of calling, as I have called to many of you for years. They seek only the correct direction and they will walk toward Me without falter. Can you imagine, My dear ones, how I grieve that so many of them are not living the life of the Christian? And can you imagine how many souls, destined to be called then by them, have been left in the world? Do you see, little ones, how every soul
is so critical to My kingdom? We do not want our brothers and sisters abandoned, for the want of your duty being fulfilled. How blessed are you that you have been called, indeed, and given these messages. Little child, you are a Christian because someone fulfilled their duty. Now you must fulfill your duty and call out to others in love and solicitude. Leave nothing undone that could bring a soul to Me. Let those of the world scoff at you, if they dare. The inhabitants of heaven commend you. If you hear My name spoken in ridicule or anger, turn away, praying to Me for the forgiveness of that person. Then, instead of your God being unwelcome and ridiculed in that situation, He will
be honored. That, My child, is, in summary, what I am calling you to do. Be joyful. Be glad. You are My chosen one and My favor and Spirit rests upon you."

Lay apostles, it is so important to remember we can only affect others by living the life we preach. There are so many in darkness . . . and we must shine His Light always. But we must also stay in motion and not get stuck when one person is not quite ready to climb up that mountain with us. Know Jesus will use every ounce of our hard work to change a life . . . in His time, not ours!

Thank you, Lord, for giving me the grace to truly shake the dust from my feet when I feel ineffective in leading others toward You.

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: