Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Take Your Faith Seriously

Why do some people thrive on creating chaos instead of spreading love and kindness? Especially those professing great faith in Christ? I take everything Jesus says to heart and try my best to live His Messages in the Gospels and Volumes. I am shocked (although I shouldn't be) when I observe some who say they are fighting for the Church when in reality they are causing separation . . . division. So many put their own agendas above God's Will for His Children. They may think they are trying to do the right thing, but in actuality, the behavior is offensive and pushing people away. Take your faith seriously, lay apostles. Live for Him . . . and not for your own glory.

In todays Gospel (Luke 9:57-62), Jesus makes it very clear . . . God must be #1 on our list:

As Jesus and his disciples were proceeding on their journey, someone said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” Jesus answered him, “Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head.” And to another he said, “Follow me.” But he replied, “Lord, let me go first and bury my father.” But he answered him, “Let the dead bury their dead. But you, go and proclaim the Kingdom of God.” And another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but first let me say farewell to my family at home.” Jesus answered him, “No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what was left behind is fit for the Kingdom of God.”


In the Monthly Message of August 2011, Jesus asks us to focus on becoming holier:


"How easy it is to see the flaws of another. How much more difficult it is to identify which pain in you creates the disposition for repeating a mistake, perhaps again and again. Yes, patience is necessary, both with oneself and with others. I, Jesus, am patient with you. And so you must be patient with yourself. And then you must be patient with others. Do not be distracted by events around you. Do not be drawn into thinking that many events or big events mean that you can take your eyes off of the process of becoming holier. No, dear apostles. I speak gravely when I say to you that you must concentrate seriously on becoming holier because your holiness and your commitment to holiness is a crucial part of My plan to bring comfort to others. Allow Me to see to the world. If you see daily to the condition of your soul and if you love others then you will have fulfilled My plan for you. Rejoice. You are committed to Me and I am eternally committed to you."


Lay apostles, the world will continue to be chaotic . . . it always has been. But we have a choice. Live joyous, peaceful lives. Easier said than done, I know. I struggle with it at times. But when I make a conscious effort to be calm and find joy in every situation, I am able to spread the calm and peace of Our Savior to those I come in contact with. 

Thank you, Lord, for leading me to the Volumes and the DFOT mission. I take my faith very seriously which creates such joy and peace in my life!

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: