Friday, September 5, 2014

New Again

A taste of heaven on earth = newborn babies. I am in love all over again with our 3rd grandson Christian. Last night as I held him sleeping peacefully on my chest, I kept thanking Jesus for this perfect little boy. I thanked Him for the gift of grandchildren; the ability to hear his sweet little cries; the sense of touch as I kissed his little head; and eyes to see His Perfect Creation. Everything is new again . . . and yes, the exhaustion my daughter and her husband feel will eventually become less as Christian grows (ok, with children maybe exhaustion doesn't stop until college!) and sleeps through the night. Yes, everything is new again as they figure out how to manage two children instead of one. Learning and adapting is a lifetime event. Serving instead of being served is a basic principle of parenting . . . a lesson Jesus teaches us throughout the Bible and the Volumes. So, despite this grandma's age, I am learning from watching my beautiful daughter lovingly nurse her new baby as she tells her 2 year old to come give her a kiss . . . as my son-in-law protects his precious newborn as he rough houses with his oldest son. I am witnessing God's Love for each of His Children on earth. 
This Mimi experiencing heaven on earth!


Todays Gospel (Luke 5:33-39) teaches us to continue learning for a lifetime:

The scribes and Pharisees said to Jesus, “The disciples of John the Baptist fast often and offer prayers, and the disciples of the Pharisees do the same; but yours eat and drink.”
Jesus answered them, “Can you make the wedding guests fast while the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come, and when the bridegroom is taken away from them,
then they will fast in those days.” And he also told them a parable. “No one tears a piece from a new cloak to patch an old one. Otherwise, he will tear the new and the piece from it will not match the old cloak. Likewise, no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins, and it will be spilled, and the skins will be ruined. Rather, new wine must be poured into fresh wineskins. And no one who has been drinking old wine desires new, for he says, ‘The old is good.’”


In Volume Two, Jesus asks us to continue in prayer to Him, even when we are exhausted or lost:

"When you meet Me face to face, you will see clearly every happiness you have caused Me. I need you and so appreciate any fidelity offered to Me. If only for the sake of repayment you should come to Me often, as I reward each prayer, each glance, each petition even, beyond anything you might imagine. Please do not worry if you do not feel like you think you should feel. My child, how does a saint feel when that saint is laboring on earth? Very often, My saintly souls feel tired. They feel tired because they are laboring. But they also feel determined and these saintly souls come back to Me in prayer, even though they do not feel holy every moment. Do not let your feelings dictate your prayer time. Imagine a marriage where the two people only served each 
other in times of romantic love. I need not tell you that the marriage would be doomed. It is the very same with your relationship to Me. Serve Me always, regardless of how you feel."

Lay apostles, take a look around you and witness what is new today. Is it a new baby or grand baby? A new flower budding before the cold of winter? Whatever it is, search it out. See what our Heavenly Father provides us every day. It is miraculous!

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of our grandchildren. I wanted it so badly as my girls married, and You have rewarded me with such love! 

God bless,
Bonnie

No comments: