Monday, December 19, 2011

Accepting Hardship

Reality can be glorious! And, it can really suck . . .

Discovering the truth can be so painful at times, it actually causes physical suffering. And, it detracts from all the blessings going on around you. Answered prayers which are so much more important than the uncovered lie seem to be temporarily forgotten. The initial sting, for a short time, impacts how you perceive yourself and your gullibility. After a period of beating yourself up for being fooled, if you let Him, Jesus will step in to put the salve on your gaping wound:

I want you to tell yourself that your hardship and suffering is an opportunity to give something to God the Father and that is your loyalty and faith. Say often, “I trust you, God. I offer you my pain in the spirit of acceptance and I will serve you in every circumstance.” Volume Four, Jesus the King, January 20, 2004

Thank you, Lord, for bringing me around so quickly now, the sting doesn't consume my thoughts of self-worth for very long.

God bless,
Bonnie


No comments: