Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Time For Thanksgiving

I have been an "empty nester" for almost 2 years now.  I am adjusting to the quiet life and actually enjoy it at times.  This Thanksgiving two of my daughters are not able to come home to celebrate with us.  So, this year, it's just three of us.  Last night my youngest daughter arrived as she and her sisters normally do, honking the horn relentlessly until I come running out the door to greet them.  She jumped out of her car and headed right for my outstretched arms.  Oh, what a feeling!

We entertained ourselves most of the evening creating goofy pictures of the two of us on Mac Photo Booth.  I don't think I have laughed that hard for a long time.  I went to bed last night asking the Lord how I was worthy enough to be so blessed.  My youngest was so full of joy and light it was infectious.  She gave me the laughter I missed so much and I gave her the warmth and comfort of her mother's arms.  I have so much to be thankful for.  

Thank you, Lord, for the joy, laughter and love of my daughters.  May Your light shine within each of them forever.

Blessings, 
Bonnie S.

No comments: